The number one complaint I hear from wedding professionals who are doing weddings every week concerns issues with ceremony audio. Hiring out Utah wedding ceremony audio can make a world of difference. The right company is so much more than just a DJ business. DJs often think you can buy a mic and a speaker and magically things will work perfectly. The truth is, just because someone owns a sound system does not mean they know how to use it properly. This past week we provided Utah wedding ceremony audio at Tuhaye Golf Club for Fancy Weddings & Events. We provided 2 speakers, a wireless HH mic, and a shotgun mic for the string quartet Strings of Elegance for the ceremony. Using a digital mixer I was able to EQ and control the sound from an iPad and move around and make sure everyone could hear them from wherever they were seated.
What most people don't know is I (DJ CAM) became an audio-visual tech way before I became a DJ. I think that is one of the things that truly sets me apart from my competition. I often have wedding planners who express to me how important the ceremony sound is and how the quality of the ceremony sets the tone for the rest of the day. Surprisingly, I frequently see some who continue recommending DJs and technicians for Utah wedding ceremony audio who don't know how to use their gear and have problems, all to save a buck. Now, is any sound system completely bulletproof from problems? Of course not. Even myself, with tens of thousands of dollars in equipment, will have the occasional mic drop (have you seen Taylor Swift's TikTok video where her microphone stops working?.) But! With that being said, having a backup microphone and a technician who is quick to respond and knows how to troubleshoot makes all the difference.
To add fuel to the fire, most DJs don't EQ their microphones. For those who don't know what an EQ is, it's a form of removing unwanted frequencies from a sound system or mic. This helps reduce feedback, or unwanted squeals. Having a sound technician, or "sound guy," handle Utah wedding ceremony audio can significantly enhance the overall experience for both the couple getting married and their guests, along with being a huge help to planners' images (because they are recommending people who know what they are doing). Below are five reasons why hiring a sound technician for a wedding ceremony is a wise decision:
- Professional Audio Quality: A Utah wedding ceremony audio technician ensures that the audio quality during the ceremony is clear, crisp, and balanced. They have the expertise to manage microphones, speakers, and other audio equipment effectively, providing an optimal sound environment. This is crucial for clearly hearing vows, music, and any readings or speeches during the ceremony.
- Amplifying Musicians & Officiant: One of the great things about hiring the right Utah wedding ceremony audio technician is they can help make sure your musicians and wedding officiant are heard. A DJ is not always present and most musicians own only their instrument without a sound system. By having a Utah wedding ceremony audio technician with a sound system, they can make sure your entertainment and officiant are heard.
- Equipment Knowledge: Sound technicians bring not only their skills but also professional-grade equipment that might be too expensive or complicated for most planners and DJs to operate. They know how to set up and use this equipment to its full potential, ensuring the best possible sound quality throughout the event.
- Seamless Transitions: Weddings often involve various audio elements, from live music to recorded tracks to spoken words. A Utah wedding ceremony audio technician can smoothly transition between these different audio sources, maintaining a professional and polished atmosphere. They can also adjust the volume and equalization in real time to suit the acoustics of the venue and the specific moment in the ceremony
- Customization and Personalization: Every wedding is unique, and couples often have specific audio-visual needs and desires for their big day. A Utah wedding ceremony audio technician can work with the couple in advance to understand their vision and make professional recommendations to bring that vision to life. This might involve setting up equipment in a particular way, so it's both aesthetically pleasing for photo or video or creating special audio effects for musicians to make them sound a little more professional.
Investing in a sound technician for a wedding ceremony ensures that the event's audio aspects are handled professionally and smoothly. My team and I usually handle sound beyond a the realm of a typical DJ. We work with bands to offer multiple mics and backups. We are not there to simply clock in and turn something on. Ceremonies are too important to let just any stagehand or wedding DJ do the sound.